These frozen chocolate banana bites are a simple and refreshing summer treat. This is the EASIEST banana bites recipe you will see, with no dipping necessary!
These frozen banana bites make a great healthier dessert, both for kids and adults.
Chocolate covered bananas
Who doesn't love a frozen chocolate covered banana? I used to only find them on the boardwalk at the beach or maybe a carnival, but lately they've been cropping up in grocery stores everywhere.
Even though you can probably pick up frozen banana bites in stores now, it is way less expensive and super easy to make frozen chocolate covered banana bites at home. Plus they're kind of fun to make and this is a great way to use up leftover bananas before they turn brown.
Related recipe: EASY Peanut Butter Fudge
Easy banana bites
What makes this frozen banana bites recipe so EASY is that you don't need to dip individual bananas into chocolate. You simply drizzle the chocolate over sliced bananas and freeze.
It really doesn't get easier making healthy desserts!
Making these frozen banana bites is also a great way to get kids involved in "cooking" and give them an activity for a summer afternoon.
Ready to get started?
Related recipe: Easy Homemade Ice Cream Cake
Ingredients and supplies for frozen banana bites
You only need a handful of ingredients and supplies to make these treats:
- 6 bananas, sliced into ⅓ - ½ inch slices
- 10 oz chocolate chips or other melting chocolate (you can use any kind - bittersweet chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, or a combination of milk chocolate and white chocolate) - I LOVE this grated chocolate because it melts so easy.
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- toppings (toppings optional) such as chopped peanuts, shredded coconut, sprinkles, or cherries - see more ideas below!
Related recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Step 1: Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and place banana slices in a single layer over the paper. Place the sheet into the freezer for 30 minutes.
Step 2: Melt chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments until fully melted.
Step 3: Remove bananas from freezer and drizzle chocolate evenly over the top. If you'd like to add any toppings, sprinkle them on immediately after drizzling chocolate.
Step 4: Return bananas to the freezer for 30 more minutes, or until chocolate is fully hardened. Enjoy frozen, or allow to thaw for 3-5 minutes to soften just a little bit before serving.
Related recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Dessert
How to store frozen chocolate banana bites
To store frozen banana bites, into pieces and stack in a freezer-safe container, placing parchment sheet between each layer to prevent sticking.
More toppings for frozen bananas
As I mentioned above, you can use ANY kind of melt-able chocolate you like, or a combination of chocolates, such as dark chocolate/milk chocolate + white chocolate (that would make a GORGEOUS chocolate drizzle!).
And here are a few other ideas for what to add to frozen banana bites:
Sweet topping ideas: chopped nuts or candied nuts, sprinkles, peanut butter chips (whole or melted and drizzled), maraschino cherries, dried cranberries, shredded coconut, freeze dried raspberries or strawberries.
Option to make non-frozen banana bites
If you don't love the idea of biting into a frozen banana, you can make these without freezing the bananas! Simple slice and chill the bananas in the fridge, then drizzle with chocolate and place back in the fridge to set.
The bananas won't last as long if they're sliced but not frozen because sliced bananas get mushy when exposed to air, so I only recommend making as many as you want to eat (½ to 1 banana per person).
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know with a comment and a star rating below. And don't forget to share it on Facebook and save it on Pinterest for later!
Easiest Frozen Banana Bites
- 6 bananas sliced into ½ inch slices
- 10 oz melting chocolate such as chopped milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips, bittersweet chocolate chips, chopped dark chocolate
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and place banana slices in a single layer over the paper. Place the sheet into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave in 30-second increments. Stir to ensure it's melted and smooth.
- Remove bananas from freezer and drizzle chocolate evenly over the top. If you'd like to add any toppings (see notes below for ideas), sprinkle them on immediately after drizzling chocolate.
- Return bananas to freezer for 30 more minutes until chocolate is fully hardened. Serve immediately, or let soften at room temperature for 3-5 minutes.
- To store frozen banana bites: Break into pieces and stack in a freezer friendly container, placing parchment sheet between each layer to prevent sticking.