After many years of buying and testing various foods at Trader Joe's, I've compiled a list of what I think are the BEST products that are currently available at Trader Joe's.
From cheese to sauces to frozen foods, these are the items I buy over and over again, and they never disappoint. What would you add to the list?
I go to Trader Joe's once every few weeks. While I buy a lot of produce and other basics there, these are things that
- A) I can't find anywhere else, or
- B) aren't nearly as good anywhere else.
I thought I would share my personal list of Trader Joe's best products for any TJ's lovers or newbies who'd like some recommendations. And I would really like to hear what others absolutely love at Trader Joe's because I'm always looking to expand my list of favorites.
Trader Joe's favorites:
Best Snack foods at Trader Joe's:
- Unexpected Cheddar Cheese: Guests always rave about this cheese and ask us where we got it.
- Creamy Toscano Cheese Soaked in Syrah: Ditto the above. Pairs SO well with red wine.
- Pita Bite Crackers: Super crunchy, and they stand up to any dip.
- Multigrain Pita Chips: Delicious flavor and crunch, and not too thick.
- Thai Lime & Chili Almonds: Unique flavor that's really crave-worthy.
- Feta Cheese Spread: I love this on slices of toasted baguette, topped with sliced tomatoes.
- Soft and Juicy Mango: You wouldn't normally think of dried mango as being juicy, but this totally is!
- Cowboy Bark: Totally addicting dark chocolate bark with pretzels, almonds and other goodies.
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups: A container of these only lasts a few days at our house.
Best Frozen Foods at Trader Joe's:
- Breaded Cod Fillets: Sort of like an adult version of a fish stick. Flaky cod and a deliciously crunchy crust.
- Mahi Mahi Burgers: Our family eats these once a week. Add some tarter sauce, lettuce, and tomato, and serve on toasted Trader Joe's ciabatta rolls.
- Vegetable Masala Burgers: If you love Indian Samosas, you'll love these patties, too. Serve with cilantro chutney.
- Lemon Bars: Just thaw, put on a platter and you've got an instant, elegant guest-worthy dessert.
- Frozen Roasted Corn: The charred, fire roasted flavor of this frozen corn is unbeatable.
- Frozen Roasted Pepper Medley: Toss in a slow cooker with some sausage, and dinner is ready!
- Mini Ice Cream Cones: The perfect bite sized treats.
- Mini Churros: When I serve these on Taco Tuesday, I'm the hero of the house.
Other Favorite Things at Trader Joe's:
- Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey (refrigerated): If you can find these peppers stuffed with turkey & rice, buy them! An easy dinner that's nutritious and delicious.
- Ciabatta Rolls: I know you can find ciabatta rolls anywhere, but the ones at Trader Joe's are my hands-down favorite. They've got the perfect crunchy/chewy texture.
- Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette: I use this on salad, as a dipping sauce for chicken satay, and to make Thai chicken flatbread.
- Sweet Chili Sauce: If you want to eat chicken nuggets, yet feel like an adult, try this dipping sauce!
- Potted Plants & Flowers: Inexpensive and beautiful, it's impossible to bypass the TJ's floral section without grabbing at least one thing.
- Pop-up Sponges: These are the coolest! They come flat in a package of 12. Just add water and you've got yourself a sponge. Such a great space saver.
Are any of your favorites on this list? What do you think are the best products at Trader Joe's? Leave a comment and let me know!
Monday 15th of April 2019
I moved to a city that is 2 1/2 hours to the nearest Trader Joe's. We pack our ice chest and make a Trader Joe's run about once a month. It used to be my regular place to buy groceries. I love the honey roasted slivered almonds for my morning oatmeal, the sourdough bread for grilled ham and swiss sandwiches, the Tempting Trail Mix, the dried mandarins, the chocolate toffee chips (better than See's), the frozen chocolate croissants, the flowers, the pomegranate green tea, the morracan mint tea bags, the pizza dough...and, and, and...you get my drift.
Monday 15th of April 2019
Wow...you’ve given me a lot to add to my list! I can’t wait to try these things - they all sound delicious. And you are a true TJs hero for driving that far.
Friday 2nd of March 2018
I don't have a Trader Joe's in my city but I try to stock up on my favorites when I'm in a city nearby that does. Two of my favorites are the greeting cards and the Guiltless Guacamole. The greeting cards are beautiful and all are only 99 cents each! The Guiltless Guacamole is very low calorie and absolutely delicious! I put it on sandwiches, anything Mexican or even by itself!
Monday 5th of March 2018
You know, I've never even looked at the greeting card section, but I will the next time I go in. The guacamole is on my "must try" list, too! Thanks for sharing.
Wednesday 14th of February 2018
Now that we finally have a Trader Joe's I need to try more of these!
Sunday 14th of February 2016
No one mentioned the chicken cilantro mini wontons?! These little treasures are a sure buy! I like to keep 2 bags in my freezer at all times.....when we make homemade Asian dishes they are the perfect side dish. Every time we have guests who eat them they demand to know where to get them. The hubs sauté's briefly in a little olive oil and soy sauce. Try these next time!
Friday 13th of November 2015
Love your blog Alyssa! Just found it through Pinterest.. Just wrote down your Trader Joe's faves for my next trip there. The Pita Bite Crackers were my first favorite item and still are!
Friday 13th of November 2015
Thanks, Debbie! Aren't those crackers the best? I'm actually hoping to do a 2nd Trader Joe's post soon because I've found quite a few more favorites since I did the original post. Stay tuned!!