This Chicken Satay Flatbread Pizza has all the amazing flavors of chicken satay. This Thai-inspired flatbread only requires six ingredients and comes together in minutes. Serve it as a party food or appetizer, make it for lunch, or pair it with a salad for a quick and delicious dinner.
I love it, love it, LOVE it when other people make food for me. Not only is it nice to have a break from cooking once in a while, but I'm also super curious (nosy) when it comes to other people's kitchens. It's fun to discover new favorite dishes through friends and family members.
A few months ago, my friend Kim whipped up a delicious Thai flatbread to serve as an appetizer. When I saw how easy it was, and tasted how delicious it was, I knew I needed to put it on my blog.
If it's any indication how good it is, my daughters and I gobbled it all up the second I put my camera down. AND it was only 10:00 in the morning! Such are the perks of food blogging on a cloudy day during the holiday break.
Related recipe: Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza
You only need six simple ingredients for this recipe.
Ingredients for Chicken Satay Pizza:
- Naan bread
- Cooked, shredded chicken (you can use a rotisserie chicken)
- Shredded carrots
- Thai peanut dressing
- Red onion
- Cilantro (I know some people hate cilantro, so if you're one of them, you can leave it out.)
Shredded mozzarella cheese is another optional ingredient that you can add, if so inclined.
I chose to make this flatbread cheese-free for two reasons: 1) my daughter's allergy, and 2) my attempt to reduce my cheese intake after spending the holidays gorging on cheese left and right. NO MORE CHEESE!! For at least a day. :)
Cooking tips, shortcuts, and substitutions:
- The key to making this recipe super quick is finding a good pre-made Asian peanut dressing. My personal favorite is from Trader Joe's (pictured above).
- If you can't find a pre-made satay sauce or peanut dressing at the store, you can also make your own peanut sauce pretty easily.
- If you don't want to use naan bread, you can use store-bought pizza dough. Read my tips for making pizza with store-bought dough here before you get started.
- You can choose to cook the chicken yourself, or use a rotisserie chicken. I chose the latter, and the chicken I pulled from it amounted to 3 cups, which is why I based the recipe on that quantity. That should give you enough to make about three naan flatbreads.
- In the interest of time, you can also opt to buy pre-shredded carrots, although I personally prefer the taste and texture of freshly grated carrots.
Just top the naan with the chicken mixture and red onion, pop it in the oven for about 5 minutes, and you've got yourself a tasty, fresh, and amazingly simple dish that tastes like it required WAY more work than it actually did.
Thai Chicken Satay Flatbread Pizza
- 3 naan flatbreads
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- ¾ cup shredded carrot about 3 carrots
- thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup Asian style peanut dressing plus extra for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine shredded chicken, shredded carrot, and dressing. Distribute amongst the naan flatbread and top with thin slivers of red onion.
- Bake for approximately 5 minutes, or until flatbread is crisp and chicken is hot.
- Lightly drizzle some additional dressing over the top of the cooked pizza, and sprinkle on cilantro leaves.
Other recipes you might like: