Looking for an EASY, crowd pleasing party food? These Roast Beef Sliders topped with melted provolone cheese and cranberry horseradish sauce are full of flavor and take less than 10 minutes to make.
A must-try recipe for easy entertaining!
Roast Beef Sliders - Easy Party Food
I'm always on the lookout for delicious and easy party foods to add to my recipe collection. These roast beef sliders are absolutely perfect for feeding a crowd at parties. Here's why:
- They're easy on the budget
- They're so simple to prepare
- They only need 4 ingredients (5 if you want to get fancy)
- They bake up in just minutes under the broiler and are ready to serve quickly!
More slider recipes: Chipotle Pulled Pork Sliders
Roast beef sliders with cranberry horseradish sauce
I love the combination of roast beef, melty provolone cheese, and a delicious just-slightly-tart-and-tangy, just-spicy-enough cranberry horseradish sauce. I use Dietz & Watson cranberry horseradish sauce, which is available in grocery stores and on Amazon. You can use other brands or any other favorite horseradish sauce.
The cranberry sauce makes this a great slider appetizer for the holidays.
More holiday appetizer recipes: Brie and Blackberry Pinwheels
Best rolls for sliders
Brioche bun slider rolls, Hawaiian rolls, or potato bread slider rolls are best to use for sliders because of their soft, chewy texture.
However, any small buns that are made specifically for rolls work great in this recipe.
This roast beef slider recipe is written to make 12 sliders, but you can double the recipe to make more, if serving these to a crowd.
More delicious sandwich recipes: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
How many sliders per person
The number of sliders to make per person depends on how much other food and appetizers you will have at your gathering. If sliders are one of the many appetizers, you can count on 1-2 sliders per person. If sliders are the main dish served with several substantial sides (such as a pasta salad and a potato salad), then you can make 2-3 sliders per person. If sliders are the main dish paired with lighter side dishes, such as a salad, you can count on 3-4 sliders per person, and I recommend making a couple of different kinds so that your guests don't get bored of the same slider.
How much roast beef do you need for sliders?
This recipe uses 1 lb of roast beef for 12 sliders. If you like extra meaty sliders, you can increase that to 1.5 lb, or add another deli meat, such as ham to the roast beef.
More appetizer recipes: Pizza Pinwheels
- 12 brioche slider rolls (or your favorite slider rolls)
- 1 lb sliced roast beef deli meat
- ½ lb sliced provolone cheese (or use muenster)
- ½ cup cranberry horseradish sauce (or your favorite horseradish sauce)
- Optional: melted salted butter
You'll also need:
- Large baking pan
- Parchment paper, foil, or oil for brushing the pan
Related recipe: Stromboli Rollups
Step 1: Preheat your broiler. Line your baking pan with parchment paper or foil, or brush it lightly with olive oil.
Step 2: Slice the slider buns in half, if not pre-sliced. Spread horseradish sauce on the top halves of the buns and set aside.
Step 3: Arrange sliced roast beef on the bottom halves. I like to fold and roll the roast beef a little to add layers. Top with sliced provolone cheese.
Step 4: Place the bottom halves of the sliders (with the roast beef and provolone cheese) in the oven and broil for 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt. (SET A TIMER AND DO NOT LET IT BURN!)
Step 5: Carefully remove from the oven, place the top halves of the buns on top. Optional: brush with melted salted butter. Place the covered sliders in the oven broil again for 1-2 minutes, taking care not to burn the tops of the sliders.
Serve warm and enjoy the ooey gooey melty cheese as you bite into these warm, delicious sliders!
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know with a comment and a star rating below. And don't forget to share it on Facebook and save it on Pinterest for later!
Easy Roast Beef Sliders
- 12 brioche slider rolls or any slider rolls
- ½ cup cranberry horseradish sauce or your favorite horseradish sauce, or mustard or mayo
- 1 lb roast beef deli meat
- ½ lb sliced provolone cheese
- Optional: melted salted butter
- Foil or parchment paper
- Pre-heat oven to broil. Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Slice rolls in half (if not pre-sliced) and spread horseradish sauce on the top half of the rolls. Set aside.
- Place the bottom halves of the rolls onto a baking sheet. Top with roast beef (fold it for better texture) and sliced provolone cheese.
- Place under the broiler until the cheese melts and begins to bubble. Don't let the tops burn.
- Top with the horseradish sauce halves. Optional: brush with melted butter.
- Broil for another 1-2 minutes, taking care not to burn the sliders. Remove from heat and secure with a toothpick for serving.